Monday, July 09, 2007

Last nite I was awakened by what I can only describe as a very loud grunting kind of siren. It was so disturbing that I thought the rapture was here. It was 4:45 in the morning and I looked out the window and couldn't see anything creating the noise. I starting wondering if I was one of the folks "left behind." Of course, Dave was in Edmonton so I couldn't accertain whether or not this was true. I was on my own on this dilly of a pickle. Everything else on the street looked quiet. The noise diminished a bit so I went back to bed, questioning over & over whether or not I really did *believe*. Then the noise came back and I jumped back out of bed again. What on EARTH is that?!?!? I waited a couple more minutes peering out the window and then Nancy Drew -- I figured it out! A truck drove down my street spraying what I can only piece together to be malithion for the mosquitos!!!! What a relief! Later that morning, I received calls from both Dave and my dad. I didn't mention this event, but inside I breathed a sigh of relief confirming that I wasn't left behind!!!!


2 comments:

David said...

Now if only we could get them to spray at the lake!

agapetos said...

I woke up to the same sound, and was tasting that nasty taste in my mouth ... that spray is just freaky smelling ... closed up the windows and tried to go back to sleep!