Monday, August 27, 2007

the August scoop.....

Well, I guess it's time to update my blog. Although, everyone pretty much knows the news already via verbal communication or Facebook. But, anyways, here goes.......over the August long wkd, we took a short trip to Calgary for a family reunion. To my surprise, everyone was normal! Actually, in all honesty, everyone was very nice and quite welcoming. I struck up a friendship with Tracy, over a pair of earrings, and after the reunion ended, we went on a shopping spree downtown. I bought a necklace, pair of wooden hoop earrings (in picture below) and a pair of shades (also in picture below). Got to experience Banff for a day, went up the scary gondola (I was suddenly afraid of heights -- or rather the fact that we were being suspended from a cable in mid-air!) and also indulged in a fun saloon picture.


The Saloon pic.........(we changed into costume and put on our most serious face.....inbetween laughing!)


Now, I'm back at work, like the rest of the world. Since working at the music store, it's been so fun seeing the new music come in. I've been picking up new stuff for my students, all excited to show them the new tunes in the Fall. Still lots to learn at the store, though, in regards to the computer system, but I guess nothing good comes easy. Same with teaching.....I went from 8 to 19 in one year. Pretty excited and thankful for that too!


Tonite was fun! Two friends of mine dropped in for a visit to see our red diningroom. I was so excited to show them. We all love talking design (we should have our own show on Cityline!!!), and went over colors for the livingroom next and furniture placement. I think I've got it figured out now, thanks to my designer friends! My excitement is billowing, I can't wait to start. Now, I just need a day-off work!!!! It's a blessing having friends who live so close by and can just drop in, kick back, and have fun chilling out! Thanks so much J & K! You guys are awesome!


The much-talked about diningroom........7 months in the planning, finally painted on the walls!




Alright, I gotta go rest my legs now. After 7 hours of constant walking around the store with no breaks, my limbs are ready to snap off! Later!

3 comments:

Monika said...

The saloon picture is great!! Haha! And I LOVE your red dining room, it looks so cool! Hopefully I will get to see it in person in the next couple months.
Luv ya,
Moni

Michelle said...

Thanks Moni! Hey, any ideas as to when you might be coming out again? Grace Cafe awaits....
I love your new profile pic, btw! Looks great!!!

Monika said...

Michelle, oh yes, we will have to do a 3M Grace Cafe hot chocolate / cheesecake night for sure!
Not sure exactly when I'll be coming out, will have to see when I can get my tickets with Aeroplan points, they only have certain dates available. It'll probably be sometime in October.